Setting a vision: Higher education’s new roles in growing economic prosperity
Kansas State University embraced the call from the state’s Board of Regents to develop a plan that would build the economic prosperity of the state. Dubbed 3k3B, the resulting strategy is expansive, bringing new thinking to the state’s areas of strength to support the creation of 3,000 direct jobs and $3 billion in direct investment to Kansas. Hear from those behind the plan, learn what elements went into the design and planning process, and broaden your own thinking into the roles that the university and its research capabilities can play in driving a state’s economy.
- Kent Glasscock, President, Kansas State University Institute for Commercialization
- Scott Smathers, Vice President of Workforce Development, Kansas Board of Regents
- Jerry Adams, Founding President/CEO (retired), Arkansas Research Alliance
- Susan Shows, President, Georgia Research Alliance
- Sara Lawrence, Program Director of Economic Development, RTI International